WE got these bare facts and figures about BR25 Cacao variety at the DA-BAR Technology Forum and Products Exhibition, August 7-9, 2015, at the SM Megamall in Mandaluyong City. BR25 Cacao is what used to be called Red Criollo Brazil at the nursery in Teresa, Rizal.
These facts were from the booth of the University of Southern Mindanao (USM) in Kabacan, North Cotabato.
- CANOPY – 2.85 meters
- AGE OF FIRST FLOWERING – 16.12 months
- AGE OF FIRST FRUITING – 17.70 months
- NUMBER OF PODS PER TREE PER YEAR -42.12
- YIELD PER HECTARE PER YEAR – 2,452.70 kg dried beans
- NUMBER OF PODS TO PRODUCE 1 KG DRIED BEANS – 23.10 pods
At the Sarian Farm in Teresa, Rizal, one tree readily produces more than 100 pods a year. The fruiting has been continuous from the time our mother tree started fruiting 18 months from planting in the soil.