THE PHILIPPINE ORCHID SOCIETY will stage its Midyear Orchid and Garden Show from August 28 to September 7, 2015 at the Quezon Memorial Circle in Quezon City in cooperation with the QC government. The show is held annually in time with the blooming of Waling-Waling, the native orchid of the Philippines that is often considered the “Queen of All Orchids.”
Waling-Waling has been widely used as parent plant by breeders around the world for the production of hybrids that are outstanding in many ways.
Seminars will be conducted during the whole duration of the show, starting at 2 p.m. Here’s the schedule:
- August 28 – Growing orchids in your garden by Jun Golamco.
- August 29 – Flower arrangements for all occasions by Flower Designers’ Circle.
- August 30 – Vandaceous Orchid species by Wally Suarez.
- August 31 – Basics in Landscaping by Jimmy Floro.
- September 1 – Edible Ornamental Vegetables by Ponchit Ponce Enrile.
- September 2- Cactus & Succulent Propagation by Lino Rom.
- September 3 – Hoyas as companion plants of orchids by Nanding Aurigue.
- September 4 – The importance of a good substrate by Allied Botanical Corp.
- September 5 – Growing Orchids for fun and profit – by Vangie Go.
- September 6 – The exotic species and hybrids of the Cattleya Alliance by Hernando Perez.
- September 7 – Controlling pests and diseases during the rainy season by Norby Bautista.
Show entrance is P50 per person, P40 for senior citizens and students. It is open from 8 am to 6 pm. For further info, contact Jenny F. Rivera at (02) 957-3524 or 0917-848-5468.